“When? Thursday August 11th, 2011
Where? London Tap House Toronto 250 Adelaide St. West
Bikes Without Borders is delighted to present ArtCycle 2011!
Bikes Without Borders (www.bikeswithoutborders.org), a Toronto based nonprofit organization, works internationally to support marginalized communities. We use bikes and bike-related solutions to increase access to health, education, and economic prosperity.
We are asking for your artistic support for a silent ART AUCTION in Toronto on August 11th, 2011. We are looking for contributions from talented, green-minded, bicycle-loving artists like you. Does our cause inspire you?? Bikes Without Borders wants to display your piece at ArtCycle 2011 at the beautiful London Tap House in the Entertainment District. Art is all about creativity – please do what you do! Photographs, sculpture, painting, drawing, welding…. We’d love you to create a bike-inspired piece in totally your own style, or re-create an existing masterpiece.
Bikes Without Borders is proud to offer you 25% of the proceeds from your piece to help cover your costs and support future work. The remaining 75% of the proceeds will help launch Phase II of our Pedal-Powered Hope Project in Malawi, Africa. Why bikes?? A bicycle is empowerment for the Community Health Volunteer who walks 3 hours a day to visit patients. A bicycle is education for the child who gets transportation to school. A bicycle is economic prosperity when a farmer gets to travel to another market and deliver more goods. A bicycle is life-saving for the mother who is giving birth and there are complications.
To confirm your commitment to ArtCycle 2011, please email Noelle Pagura or Melissa King to receive your Artist Agreement Package. Artists Agreement Package DEADLINE: JULY 21st, 2011.
Thank you for joining us to send bikes across borders, transportation where it matters, and art where it can make a real difference. Please don’t hesitate to contact event organizers with comments, questions, or to organize art reception.”
Noelle Pagura, ArtCycle Intern
Melissa King, ArtCycle Coordinator
-submitted by Noelle Pagura, ArtCycle Intern